Six Household Things That Will Sharpen Dull Scissors
I wouldn’t use the following methods on scissors that you’re going to do hairstyling or major surgery with, but for everyday scissors used for everyday stuff these all work fine:
- Cut through fine sandpaper
- Cut through several thicknesses of aluminum foil
- Cut through steel wool or soap pads
- Cut through an emery board
- Cut against the neck of a glass bottle, as though you were trying to cut it off.
- If the blades are sticking together try cleaning them with nail polish remover.