* Eliminate lint – Add one cup vinegar to each wash load to keep lint from clinging to clothing.
* Keep colors from running – Give dark or bright colored items a ten minute presoak in full strength vinegar.
* Fluff blankets – Add two cups of vinegar to rinse cycle to make both wool and cotton blankets soft and fluffy.
* Remove telltale signs that a garmet has been altered – If you rehem a garment but can still see a ridge of tiny holes where the hem was previously sewn, try this. Dampen a cloth with vinegar, put it under the altered fabric, and iron.
* Completely remove soap residue from clothing (and brighten colors, too!) – add a half cup of vinegar to the final rinse.
* Remove coffee stains – Dampen the area with vinegar and rub. Launder as usual. (Works on other stains too!)
* Remove smoke smell from clothes – Add a cup of vinegar to a couple inches of hot water in a bathtub. Hang clothing in the steam.